Friday, July 6, 2012

Mini Ceramics Workshop with Ingrid Bathe


I just come back from a mini ceramic workshop with Ingrid Bathe in Edgecomb, Maine. It was my first time working with clay, and I loved it! I worked mainly with porcelain which is what Ingrid uses most, I loved how thin you could get it and the feel of it. Not sure what will survive the firing though, I hear I went a bit thin on most pieces :). If they survive, I'm going have a lot of bowls because I kept trying to do taller shapes, like tumblers or glasses, but the height was the most difficult to get and each time I'd end up with another bowl or a pot..


Of course what I really need is cups but oh well...

Ingrid was a fantastic teacher, and a very sweet person. She made us these delicious lunch every day, which we got to share with the chickens of the house:




If you are not familiar with Ingrid's work, you can see it on her website here. I love the simplicity of her pieces, mostly white and pinched.

A huge thank you to Lari Washburn for making this possible. I can't wait to see a post on her blog about her new ceramic work, it looked amazing. Be sure to check it out..



6 comments:

  1. Yeah, sounds like a lovely, lovely time you had! Your work is SO beautiful. I ended up with lots of bowl plates and several vases but much chunkier. I can't wait to see Lari's work as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see YOUR work! Lari's is fantastic, as usual. very similar to her paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just over there yesterday glazing and your work came out of the first firing just great...so keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah!! can't wait to see it. How did yours come out? xx

      Delete
  4. Ah ben oui, on veut voir les photos une fois que tout ça sera cuit !
    Bon travail !
    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that must have been fun...love the results.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...